Friday, August 21, 2015

What Does Kevin Do Besides Work?

This is my message to staff and all whose lives are busy, hectic, and stressful: Balance work, family, and the things you love to do!

When I am not at the office, some of my interests include boating, golf, travel, and spending time with my family and friends. I also enjoy catching a movie, going to a concert, or reading a good book. (City Staff Reports don't count!)

Movies
I recently watched About Time, Silver Linings Playbook and Inside Out. I enjoyed all of them! I love anything with Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn, but my favorite is Adam’s Rib. Since I am a big baseball fan, I loved The Natural, Bang the Drum Slowly, and A League of Their Own. If you love baseball too, check out Nine Innings from Ground Zero. It’s a great and intense documentary! And of course on Thanksgiving, my wife Loretta, daughters Jackie & Leslie, and I love to watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Books
I recently read the Princes of Ireland and The Beauty and the Sorrow (which is a fantastic novel on World War I). And I have a fairly extensive library on all things John F. Kennedy.

Music
My favorite bands/musicians are the Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, and Mark Knoppeler. My favorite opera is Puccini’s La Boheme.

So how about this month? How will you balance work with family and fun? Read a great book? Kick back to Sinatra? Catch a movie? (I love the Kabuki Theater in SF!) No matter what you do, spend that quality time with family and friends! And maintain that work, life balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment