Summer is in full swing in Foster City and there is still plenty to do in and around Foster City to enjoy the summer weather.
Whether you are a long-time resident or new to the community, there’s always something great to discover (or revisit) in Foster City. I encourage you to try something from the list!
- Enjoy the blue lagoons – right here in Foster City.Foster City is well known for its unique water ways, but they are more than a beautiful view! Everyone is welcome to boat, fish, swim, paddle, or windsurf the water. Three of Foster City’s parks also offer sand beach areas. Check the link below for more information.
- Have a picnic, play a game, and enjoy the parks.Foster City has 160 acres of park and open space to walk, bike, and enjoy. Use the link below to find which park suits your needs – may it be a playground, picnic area, basketball court, barbeque, dog park or more.
- Enjoy a summer treat.When you need to beat the heat, what better way to do so than by treating your taste buds? Use the City of Foster City’s restaurant guide to find your next bite; and if you’ve tried it all, come to Off the Grid, a food truck festival hosted every Wednesday night at 5:00 PM at the Senior Center.
- Read a book.Summer is a great time to catch up on some reading. Books are perfect to take to the beach, on a road trip, or even right in your backyard. The Foster City Library is hosting events all summer, and there is still time to join in on the Summer Learning Challenge where participants are reading, playing, doing, and finding lots of chances to win prizes!
- Attend a summer concert (or all 6!).The Summer Concert Series returns to Leo J. Ryan Park Friday, July 15. Enjoy live music from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM every Friday through August 19. Be sure to bring a something to sit on and a picnic dinner! See the lineup at the link below.
- While you’re at it, see what else the Parks and Recreation Department has scheduled!Along with the Summer Concert Series, the Parks and Recreation Department has tons of activities planned to keep your summer busy. Check the City Calendar for information, and mark your calendar for Neighbor Nights, the Family Overnighter (8/20), and the Community Bike Ride (9/18)!
- Go for a safe drive.
If you finish this list, then you can consider taking a drive. Foster City has the convenience of being located in the center if the Bay Area. A short drive can get you to Palo Alto, Oakland, or the beach. A short drive north will take you to San Francisco, where there is more than plenty to explore.
There’s always something to do in Foster City to soak up the summertime, whether on this list or other, I hope everyone has a safe and fun summer.